Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Books by Marianne Richmond

I know you will not be surprised that four years ago I was browsing through the children’s section of a book store. The cover of one particular book enthralled me. The illustration and title of Marianne Richmond’s I Love You So…drew me in immediately. We were expecting our first grandchild and the story brought tears to my eyes. It is such an endearing and loving story. Of course I bought it for my grandson! He and I read this book every time I visit. He has even memorized parts of it. My daughter and I both give this book as our gift to new babies. We are anxiously awaiting the birth of two more grandchildren in a few months and you can bet that each of these will also receive I Love You So… from Gran and Big Dad.
 
Imagine my thrill to have recently found another of her books: Happy Birthday to You! As my precious grandson turns four years old on Friday, he will be receiving this book from his Gran and Big Dad. Shhh! Don’t tell him the surprise. You can rest assured that Elliott and I will be cuddled up reading this book many, many times.
 
These books are full of joy and love for the uniqueness of each special child. In a world filled with such violence and turmoil, the books of Marianna Richmond are delightful experience in a world of peace, joy and love. In fact, I Love You So... was awarded the Mom's Choice Award in 2005.  Ms. Richmond is the author and illustrator of her books. The illustrations are wonderful. Even when Elliott was an infant he would carefully study each and every page. Eventually I will have all of her books! You can learn more about Marianne Richmond on her website and blog at http://www.mariannerichmond.com/

Peace,

Beth

No comments: