Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The New Baby

I was recently in Savannah for the 189th Convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Georgia. Any trip to Savannah is an opportunity to visit E. Shaver, Bookseller. Once I get through all the marvelous displays just inside the entrance, I usually head to the rooms of children’s books. I found the perfect book for my three year old grandson, Elliott.

Elliott is expecting a little brother in May. We are all looking forward to this new addition to our family. During my last visit with Elliott, he was standing on his bathroom stool at his sink brushing his teeth. He began telling me how he was going to teach his brother to brush his teeth. “Gran, you will need to go buy me some more Shrek toothpaste!” concluded Elliott. Oh my, Elliott is going to disappointed with that little toothless mouth!

I bought one of Mercer Mayer’s Little Critter stories: The New Baby. In this delightful story, the little critter is thinking exactly like Elliott. He thinks the new baby is going to enter the family as a “mini me”. Little Critter and Elliott assume the new baby will play and act exactly as they play and act. Little Critter has a rude awakening concerning newborn babies. But soon he learns all the wonderful things he can do with the new baby. This is exactly the story I want to share with my grandson.

Do you wonder what else I bought? Well, I actually did not get to E. Shavers until nearly closing. I simply ran out of time! Hopefully another trip to Savannah will be in the near future. If you get to Savannah, be sure to check out the delightful E. Shaver, Bookseller
( www.savannahoffthebeatenpath.com/Shops/shaver%27s.htm ) .

Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

Cathy said...

E. Shavers is a delightful bookstore. Glad it is 250 miles away....

Beth Mithen said...

So true, Cathy. If it were nearby I would spend too much time and money there. Thanks for reading!