Friday, February 26, 2010

Words, Words, Words



My brain has turned into alphabet soup! I do not want to think of how many words I am writing and typing every day. I could probably quadruple the number by counting the words read each day. My desk is piled high with my dictionaries and thesaurus, not to mention a grammar primer.

Can someone please tell me why, with all the words I am swimming in each day, that I seem to get stuck numerous times a day hunting for a word? Why is my mind drawing complete blanks?

3 comments:

Kit said...

The challenge with the words has to be in part due to your audience. You have to think like a child and find the words to express what you are saying that will resonate with them. I get tired just writing a letter so you keep reading, writing and studying. I am looking forward to the finished product.

Cathy said...

I left you a comment and it disappeared. Hmmmm... however, I draw blanks all the time when I want to reword or try to use another word instead of being repetitious. Oh well....

Who is your photographer? Is the Deacon the one who assist you in these endeavours?

Beth Mithen said...

The deacon is the photographer. Due to the subject, he has to take nearly a hundred pictures for me to accept a couple.